Denver, Colorado, an emerging foodie travel destination. Photo credit: VISIT DENVER, The Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Foodie and mountain traveler? If you head to Denver, Colorado, the city has an exciting culinary scene with microbreweries, farm-to-table dining and new restaurants.
After booking your hotel and flights to Denver, research Denver dining at new blog EatDrinkDenver.com, launched by VISIT DENVER, the Convention and Visitors Bureau.
The new blog is devoted to “all things food and drink” in and around the Mile High City. On this interactive website, readers can share their Denver food tasting adventures and discoveries.
Well-known Denver food expert Lori Midson is the editor of EatDrinkDenver.com. She will collaborate with Denver food writers and bloggers who will provide content for the blog.
The site offers comments and information (not restaurant reviews) about Denver and Colorado food products; food, beer & wine festivals and food-related experiences.
“Culinary tourism is on the rise because visitors want to eat and drink local – they want to shop at farmers’ markets, taste local cheeses and breads, or sip a local beer,” says Richard Scharf, president & CEO of VISIT DENVER
“Visitors and locals alike want to know about the innovative local chefs and regional specialties…Denver has had a boom in the distillery and brewery scene, and many of the products can only be sampled in Colorado tasting rooms and bars. EatDrinkDenver tells you where to find these one-of-a-kind locales.”
“Tours of farms where goat cheese is made or buffalo ranches where bison roam free are an interactive – and educational – way for visitors to immerse themselves in the region’s culture.”
The Denver food blog has five categories:
- Farm Fresh / Specialty Food Stores: Highlights produce and dairy products in Colorado, including tips on where to get the best items;
- Beer / Wines / Spirits: Features the world of Colorado microbreweries, wineries and distilleries;
- Food Festivals / Events: Highlights Denver’s best food events from signature events like Denver Restaurant Week to cultural/culinary festivals like the Greek Festival;
- Chefs: Profiles the chefs behind Denver’s best restaurants, including Q&A’s, recipes and
- Street Food: Covers Denver’s lively street food scene, including local food truck events such as Civic Center EATS.
For more information, visit EatDrinkDenver.com.